When it comes to laundry, we know a thing or two. Here’s a list of 10 Laundry Hacks to help you make getting the laundry done way easier.
1) If you want to add fluffiness to towels, blankets, pillows or fluffy coats, toss a few tennis balls in the machine and run the load as usual. The movement of the balls adds extra volume to your items.
2) If you have a little grease on a garment, take a piece of white chalk and rub it on the area where the grease is. Let it stand for 15 minutes, and then wash like normal. The chalk will draw out the grease.
3) Remove Ink Stains with Hairspray. Hair spray can be a great solvent, just saturate the stain and let it stand for 10 minutes, and then the toss in the washer like normal.
4) If you have accidentally shrunk any item, soak it in a solution of baby shampoo or conditioner & lukewarm water for 15 minutes. Then squeeze as much water out as you can and lay it flat to dry. As it starts to dry, gently stretch the garment out to help get it to go back to its original size.
5) To get rid of blood stain, use hydrogen peroxide and rinse well.
6) Wash new clothes before wearing them to remove the pre-treated anti mold/antibacterial chemicals that were added during manufacturing.
7) To prevent color fading, toss your clothes in the wash with a teaspoon of salt. You can also do this when you get new item to set the dye.
8) Get rid of armpit stains with baking soda and lemon juice. Squeeze fresh or concentrated lemon juice and water onto the stain and rub the mixture in. Allow the shirt to dry out in the sun for extra stain-removing power. For tough stains, create a paste of baking soda and water and apply to the stain. Let it sit for about an hour before throwing it into the wash.
9) If you want to remove red wine stains, dab the stain immediately with paper towels to absorb as much wine as possible. Do not rub it! Spread Salt liberally over stain and pour club soda on top, let dry, wash as normal cycle.
10) Washing machines start building mold & unpleasant smell overtime. Cleaning & sanitizing your washer at least once per month keeps the machine fresh & gives cleaner clothes too. You can do this by running an empty cycle using hot water setting, vinegar & baking powder. Also clean around the opening of the washing machine & remove stubborn mold or residue.